Engaging Parents: Forming Families in Faith
The CYO/Youth Ministry Office, the Office of Religious Education, and the Family Life Apostolate are co-hosting a workshop from the Center for Ministry Development entitled:
ENGAGING PARENTS—FORMING FAMILY FAITH
Saturday, March 28, 2015
Mary Queen of Peace, Mandeville
This workshop will share effective ways in which parish communities are engaging parents and helping families grow in faith together.
“How precious is the family as the privileged place for transmitting the faith!” - Pope Francis, July 26, 2014 Angelus
This workshop will provide leaders with:
- A better understanding of today’s parents;
- Strategies for reaching out to parents and ways to support them in deepening their own faith;
- The Church’s vision for family from Scripture, Church teachings, the Synod on the Family, Pope Francis;
- Strategies to strengthen family faith at home and in the parish;
- Ways to involve parents in faith formation, sacramental preparation, and youth ministry;
- Strategies for engaging families through technology;
- Strategies for motivating families to do service and outreach together.
The workshop is designed for all parish, diocesan and Catholic school leaders whose ministries touch the family—including pastors, deacons, pastoral associates, coordinators of youth ministry, leaders in faith formation and catechists, sacramental preparation leaders, family ministers, service/social concerns leaders, Catholic school principals and teachers.
Cost of the workshop is $54, which includes handouts and lunch. For more information or to register, visit www.cmdnet.org/epfff-reg.